Sunday, July 13, 2008

Camp Hadar-opoly

One of the workshops at my summer camp is "Board Games". Hubby and I were discussing it one day a few weeks ago and came up with the idea to make a new board game - "Camp Hadar-opoly". I have a fabulous graphics program and was able to come up with graphics for every space on the board.
It's designed, of course, around the regular Monopoly game. Each set of "properties" is an area of camp: Arts and Crafts, Athletics, Music, Judaic Culture, Swimming and Boating.In between there are spaces for Transportation - instead of the Railroads we have the Blue Bus, the Red Bus, the Car Riders and the Bike Riders. In lieu of Community Chest and Chance cards I made spaces to either lose a turn or take another turn: Caught Being Responsible and Drinking Lots of Water - take another turn. Forgot Sunscreen and Late to Swim Lessons - Lose a Turn.

The "GO" space that you start on is Flagpole, and the GO TO JAIL space is "GO TO THE OFFICE". Jail is the director's office!


It was a lot of fun to do. Of course it took more time than I thought it would and by the time I was finishing it I was sick of the whole thing, but I will enjoy giving it to the camp.....my "Mitzvah" for the year.

1 comment:

tag vennard said...

I am clicking on your pix but they dont come up! not since the camp pix. they came up nice and big. are you posting your pix differently?
I love you
hubby