Friday, April 11, 2008

Rant

Time for me to rant a bit. Despite the name of my blog, I haven't done an awful lot of that. I have two things today: 1. Why oh WHY do people feel the need to constantly complain???? As a subsitute teacher, I get to spend some time in the teacher's room....during the teacher's "prep" period when I have nowhere else to go. I just spent an hour and a half listening to three teachers complain about the school, the administration, the pay, the kids ....you name it, they complained about it. The teacher's room is small and slightly echo-ey....you really have no choice but to listen. Problem is......I DIDN'T WANT TO!! 2. How can a school district in a large town have such horrible technology??? (alright...I know I'm complaining like those teachers were, but I'm not doing it OUT LOUD). I'm in a class where the students need to use laptops to type their papers. We have a system called COWS (I wish I could remember what the acronym stands for). *** Hubby reminded me it stands for Computers on Wheels....duh! ***It is a rolling cart with about 20 laptops that get plugged in to a central location and are charged after each use. Only about 14 work, and of those 14, about 4 have missing keys!! Missing keys???? Have you ever had a keyboard where the keys fall off???? The Tech problem in this school is so big it's not even funny. I could go on and on.....but just because I don't want to annoy you....I won't.

No comments: