Friday, October 24, 2008

My Hubby the Musician

My hubby is a musician. He totally enjoys every kind of instrument. He plays the piano beautifully. He also loves his guitar. For Valentine's Day one year I got him a banjo. And last Christmas my kids got him a ukulele. He plays them all like he's played them his whole life. And all this without a lesson. He even has a couple of accordions that someone gave him - which I will only let him play when I'm not home. So far I've been able to hold him off on the bagpipes. If we had the room I'd let him get a harp.

For his birthday I got him a thing-a-ma-jiggy that will let him play his music directly from his instruments onto the computer. (see the previous blog about UPS) After a lot of hassle, he finally got it installed last night and started trying to figure out how to use it. Like any other "instrument" it's going to take him a while to learn how to play it.

He's already informed me that I will be a "music widow" for the next few weeks (or months) while he has fun with his new toy. I don't mind though. I'm excited that he'll be doing something he likes so much....something he enjoys. Hopefully some day in the future I'll be able to put some of his music onto this blog.

No comments: