Friday, March 19, 2010

Back to Normal

Life seems to be back to normal here in good old New Hampshire. The flood waters have receded. I'm sure there are still people who are bailing out their basements though. And another good rainstorm will do us all in again, but so far, the weather report is bright sunshine. I think everyone has their power back as well. That was the result of the last storm. Here's hoping we're all done with that. And now we've had a coupld days of bright, bright sunshine, crystal blue skies and 60 degree weather. How can you not love that? I even went out yesterday and bought a few spring blouses. Spring begins tomorrow, with a forecast that includes possible 70 degree weather. It all sounds great. But somehow I'm uneasy. I find it hard to believe that we're done with winter weather. I've lived in New England too long to be taken in by it. I know there's a winter storm and several inches of wet, heavy snow waiting for us. I refuse to put my boots away just yet.

2 comments:

Kaye said...

remember the April fools storm? I couldn't get out of my driveway for days. We had wet heavy snow in May too! YUK. I sure don't miss that but I do miss a lot of other stuff.

Jules AF said...

ooooo spring. It's so close and tantalizing.