Thursday, February 11, 2010

How Come Things Are Never Easy?

Story #1 - My vehicle Recall No, I do not have a Toyota. My Hyundai got a recall notice about lower control arms that rot out and break. Luckily, (or so I thought) when my husband read it he realized we'd already had the control arms replaced two years ago when he almost ran the car off the road when one of them broke while he was driving. So I called the number on the letter where it said we could get reimbursed for work already done. Beautiful, right? She gave me the list of things we'd need to do to get our money (700 freakin dollars) back. We'd need the original work orders........check; a copy of our registration.......check; a copy of our method of payment.....check (after a quick trip to the bank); oh......and we'd have to bring it to a certified Hyundai dealer to have the work inspected since we'd had the work done at an independent garage. Damn. So I make the appointment and bring it to the garage. I figure I can drop it off before work and pick it up after. When I walk in, the guy says it'll take three days. Three days???? Yea, as it turns out, this recall involved not just the control arms but some other part as well. We never got the other part (whatever the hell it was) replaced. They can't OK the recall for the control arms without doing the other work. They won't send a letter to Hyundai saying the conrol arms were fixed, so that Hyundai in turn can send me my 700 freakin' dollars. Nooooo.....ALL the work has to be done before they can OK the recall. Which means I now have to make arrangements to leave my car for three days, and Hyundai -those bastards - will not pay for a rental. Story #2 We got a letter last fall from Comcast saying they are switching to digital and we have to order these new boxes, which Comcast will give us free, so our Comcast will work when they do the switch-over in April. I got online and ordered my box, only to discover they delivered it UPS and we can't get packages here from UPS. I should have had them deliver to my work address. The package went back to Comcast. I promptly forgot about it and received another letter this week about the stupid box. I went online again, but it wouldn't let me order another box cause I'd already ordered one. Stupid computers. So at lunchtime at work yesterday I tried to call. First off, I got a very perky Southern gal (the accent grates on my nerves like chalk on a blackboard) who was obviously reading from a script and wasn't listening to a word I was saying. After she finally stopped and listened, she was dumbfounded to learn that I couldn't have UPS delivered to my house. And because I couldn't give her my account number, seeings as how I was at work, I had to wait and call back today. I call back today and get the same perky Southern gal who read the exact same script as yesterday. She was equally dumbfounded today that I couldn't have UPS deliver to my house. After many long minutes (hours, days, months) of her trying to figure out how to put a different address into the computer so I could have the box delivered to my work, she pawned me off on another dept. After a very long wait, I got another person who took all the same info as Miss Southern Belle - although without the accent, thank-the-lord, and finally said I'd be sent my stupid digital box. I'll believe it when I see it.

1 comment:

ComcastCares1 said...

I apologize for the experience. If you have any problems with the delivery, feel free to reach out to me. I work for Comcast and I will be happy to help.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_can_help@cable.comcast.com