Friday, February 26, 2010

Here we go again.......

Once again New England has been hit by a massive storm. This time it wasn't ice, thank God. It was only high winds. Hurricane force winds. In my area, that means tons of tree limbs down and power outages. 300,000 people in New Hampshire without power. My brother will be working round the clock. He's a lineman for the electric company. It also means much destruction. My co-worker described a huge tree coming down directly at her house as she watched through the window in stunned silence. The tree missed her house by inches and instead hit the garage hard enough to slice it in half. Her car was in it. Which means my other brother will be working hard the next few weeks. He's an insurance adjuster. I'm hoping, as I'm sure everyone is, that this storm isn't as bad as the one in December 2008. That one kept the power out for some people as long as two weeks. My parents and sister were two of those who went 9 days without power. Please God, don't let that be the case here.

2 comments:

Jules AF said...

Gosh! Why is the east coast getting hit so hard?

tag vennard said...

your other brother will be working hard too, he an electrical worker. ( work being a relative term ha ha)