Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Sledding Story

My friend Joan over at "How to be a Housewife". http://www.joanoh2.blogspot.com/ told a hilarious story about sledding with her grandson......which reminded me of this story. We had a place near where we lived called the "Reservoir". It really was a reservoir, and it was at the top of a hill. The hill going down was awesome....perfect for sledding. Anyone who lives anywhere near Lawrence, MA knows about the Reservoir. Part of it was a double hill so you could get airborn if you came off the first hill in just the right way. I took the kids sledding there when they were little. Jamie was about 5 so I lay down on the blow-up sledding tube and she lay on top of me and off we went. Suddenly we were headed directly for a chain link fence. There being no steering on a snow-tube, I screamed for Jamie to jump off. She did....I put my head down and went UNDER the fence. Well.......half of me went under the fence. The other half did not. I was literally STUCK under the fence......half of me on one side, the other half on the other side, and the fence across my back holding me down. I screamed for help and must have been a sight, kicking and screaming like I was having a temper tantrum. Some teenage boys came running over and lifted the bottom of the fence just enough to get me out. I turned and looked up the hill....and there were my sons and my husband (now ex-husband) laughing their butts off. When I finally struggled up the hill, they were commiserating over the fact that they hadn't brought a video camera so we could win $10,000.

2 comments:

Joan J said...

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that -- I just KNOW it would have come out my nose! LOL! I can just picture you under that fence! Too funny!

Debbie said...

That so sounds like something that would happen to me!