Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lazy Weekend

I emailed a blogging friend of mine because I was concerned that she hadn't blogged for four days. I was worried that perhaps there was some a problem......but no, she said.....there just really wasn't much to blog about.
That's January for you. After the hustle and bustle of the holidays, all of a sudden everything just dies. No parties. No gatherings. No rushing around shopping, wrapping, baking. Just quiet do-nothing weekends.
And that's what we had this weekend. Actually, we went out on Friday night to an open mic because there was someone we wanted to see, but also because I knew the rest of the weekend would be shot because of a big snowstorm coming. We had a great time on Friday night, listening to music and having a drink and some yummy stuffed mushrooms.
Saturday I worked in the morning and we stayed home and vegged the rest of the day. Did some laundry.....watched some TV.....did a little cross-stitch (I am THIS CLOSE to finishing it!!) And our highlight was watching one of the videos Hubby borrowed from the library...."Tootsie"....one of the best Dustin Hoffman movies of all time.
Today we got up late (decadently late) and did just about nothing. We bundled up in the snow and walked to the store to get my Sunday paper. We chose not to take the car:
And spent the afternoon reading the paper and watching "The Pursuit of Happyness"......(and bawling....what a SAD movie!)
Back to work tomorrow. I'm glad it didn't snow during the week again so the kids won't miss more school. It's so pretty though, isn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see a picture of your cross stitch!