Saturday, August 2, 2008

Thank God Friday is Over!

Friday was a crazy busy day for me. Obviously, I had a busy day at camp. It was "Purim" at my Jewish camp, so a lot of kids came dressed in costumes. I participated in the Arts and Crafts room by having the kids make masks. I found some great animal mask stencils a couple of years ago and the kids love them. They had their choice and traced, cut, colored - then I hole-punched, cut out eyes and attached strings so they could wear them. A very hands-on day for me. Sometimes the kids do projects that don't require me to do much, but this wasn't one of them! After camp I high-tailed it down to Hubby's work to join in on his outing. They have a BBQ in the backyard of the place. There is whiffleball, horseshoes and that new ladder game to keep everyone amused. Hubby was in the middle of a fierce wiffle ball game when I arrived. Then we feasted on hotdogs, burgers, sausage, chicken, salmon, ribs and all the fixings. There was ice cream and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Everyone pretty much left after the food was eaten - which was fine with us because we needed to move on to the next event. Friends were singing at a coffeehouse called the Java Room. There are three of them - John, Betsi and John. They each take turns choosing a song and singing while the other two will often accompany them on guitar or add some harmony. It's a very relaxing night - almost too relaxing! I could have nodded off after my long day! We were home by 10:30 and in bed shortly thereafter. We have to get ready for our next adventure today.....Hubby's family reunion!

1 comment:

Joan J said...

Gosh, you're one busy lady! I'm just catching up on your blog - love the photos of Emily's bd party. A year old! She'll be in college day after tomorrow ;)