Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's Just a Little Bump

I was the last one out of work today. Locked up......set the alarm. When I got to the parking lot a gentleman was leaving in his car. He'd come to the door but we'd already closed. He pulled to the end of the driveway and stopped to wait for traffic so he could turn onto the very, very busy road. I pulled up behind him to wait. Suddenly.......he decided he was too far out into the busy road and backed up! Without looking behind him! I beeped. Not just a toot-toot........ a long, angry what the hell do you think you're doing you moron beep. When I realized he didn't notice me still, I grabbed for the shift handle to go in reverse.....but I was too late. Crunch!!! NOW he finally sees me. I backed up, got out and inspected the damage. It was mininal. Scraped paint on my fender. That's what fenders are for, right? I asked the guy for his info and he informed me that the damage on my car was obviously there before he hit me! Huh?? Buddy....you just backed into my car and you think the damage was there before?? He insists on calling the police. Fine by me. The (very hunky and sexy) police officer came and pointed out to the gentleman that the round dent in his fender fit exactly the round shape of my fender. The man was stupid enough to say, "I know it's all my fault.....I backed into her". Case closed. As Judge Marilyn Millian would say, "Stick a fork in me....I'm done. Pay the lady."

3 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Sorry you were bumped..good thing there wasn't more damage than that. Hopefully he has insurance? Be careful around those MEN drivers! LOL

elizasmom said...

Heh. Not too smart, huh? Sorry you got bumped. Hope he has insurance and pays up for the repairs.

Woman with Kids said...

Oy! Hopefully the officer got his statement in the report?