Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Most Exciting Adventure of All.

Hubby had been telling me all along that, besides the excitement of him planning a weekend away for me, he had another surprise up his sleeve. He had a great time teasing me for about a month, but was adament about not telling me where we were going. On Sunday he took me to Ausable Chasm. It's on the NY side of Lake Champlain.
We'd been there before about 2 years ago. It was one of those visits where it just rained all day long. We said then that we'd like to come back on a nice day. We also noted that there was a raft ride down the river at the bottom of the chasm, and I said I'd love to do that one day.
Now, I've done lots of whitewater rafting, but Hubby swore he's never, ever try it.
But he planned for us to take the raft ride......together.
He sweated it out about the weather.....he had called the week before and the dry weather meant the river would be too low for rafting. Then we had a week of rain, and he was ecstatic. However, he called on Saturday and the river was too high! Thankfully, they did run the rafts on Sunday.
It was fun and exciting. I was very, very proud of Hubby for planning such a great weekend, AND having the guts to go out on the raft with me.
And we took the ferry back to Burlington for our long ride home.
Thank you so much to my sweet and wonderful Hubby for planning a Great Adventure for us. You're the best, baby.

2 comments:

kenneth frank said...

It looks like an amazing place - and you got Dad to raft!! Sounds like you guys had a great time :]

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh I've always wanted to raft! How cool! You look like you're both having a hoot!