Thursday, October 14, 2010

Am I Insane?

Let me start of by saying that Hubby is multi-talented. He's an accomplished musician and artist. All self-taught. It's in his blood. I, however, am not. I really have no musical talent whatsoever. I have no rhythm, and I can sing only passably. Since I met Hubby 8 years ago, he's slowly talked me into performing at open mics with him. These open mics are very non-judgemental. The great singers and the not-so-great singers are all met with equal approval and applause. But now we're going one step further. We are going to perform a children's Halloween show at our local library. In front of people. People we know. Hubby and his friend Bill used to do library shows. They wrote and performed a bunch of original songs. And they had a great time. Apparently, so did the kids. I taught preschool for many years, and always loved telling stories. I've always wanted to be a professional story-teller. So we are going to combine our "talents" and present a night of songs and stories for Halloween. Am I insane? Yes, yes.....I think I am.

3 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

How fun! You need to have someone tape this and post so we can enjoy as well..good for YOU..stepping out of your comfort zone..you may just find a NEW carreer!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

ps..no,not "insane"..brave...and FUN!

Joan J said...

Oh how wonderful! I definitely wish I could be there to cheer you on. Remember, we met at the library a bazillion years ago -- at a clown/magic show we took our kids to, and my kids and I sat on the ground next to you and your kids -- and it was instant friendship. A treasured memory for me!