Monday, January 18, 2010

Gotta Love the Long Weekends

I sure do love the long weekends. I could use an extra day off every single week! Yesterday I was restless so Hubby agreed to take me out somewhere. Our first thought is always the beach so we headed up that way. It was starting to drizzle just a teeny bit as we were driving, so instead of going to Salisbury beach to walk in the sand along the water, we headed to Newburyport so we could walk along the boardwalk. It really wasn't a great beach day....gray and overcast, but we don't care. We love being at the beach any time of year. At then end of the boardwalk is a great big antique/junk barn filled with stuff. We've been in there before but figured we'd go in and browse around. For once, I actually bought something. I'd been thinking about trying to make some French Onion Soup and needed some individual size serving crocks. I found a set of 3 for $9. Now I can have ONE visitor over for French Onion Soup! LOL We finished our walk around Newburyport.....visited some art galleries. Then we went to Brown's in Seabrook because they have the very best seafood in the world. I got Clam Chowder (or Chowdah as we say here in New England) and some scrumptdillyishous fried scallops. Today was a day off for Martin Luther King Day. We got about 4-5 inches of wet, heavy snow. Good things the kids were off school already. I spent the morning doing the housewifey thing. Cleaning, laundry, groceries, errands. And then Jamie and I went to see "The Lovely Bones". I hadn't read the book first so I have nothing to compare it to. It was a good movie but a little weird. I was glad we went to see it. Let me just say though that one should be careful when ordering popcorn that you don't emphasis too strongly that you'd like extra butter. We had so much butter on our popcorn that it was seeping through the bag and I had a puddle of butter in the bottom of my bucket at the end. You definitely can have too much of a good thing.

1 comment:

Jules AF said...

I want individual size serving crocks!!!! Oh, so badly.