Monday, January 11, 2010

Anticipation turns to Disappointment

Finally.....something to be excited about. The Patriots didn't make it into the playoffs last year. Their season was way too short. But this year......ah......this year they were going to go ALL. THE. WAY! Not! We brought dinner over to my brother's house. Got there and got all comfy in our seats for kickoff at 1pm. By 1pm plus 14 seconds our enjoyment turned to horror. The Ravens scored on the opening kick-off. And it just went downhill from there. 24-0 at the half. I don't even remember what the final score was. I kind of stopped watching closely when Tom Brady got sacked for the umptymillionth time. Another season ended. Another 3 months until opening day for the Red Sox. But I KNOW the Red Sox will go ALL. THE. WAY! PS.....Thanks to my Dad for jinxing us before the game even started and then calling to TAUNT us after the first touchdown!

2 comments:

Kaye said...

My hubby shut it off in disgust saying they may as well have stayed home! Sheesh! But of course he had to turn it on again to torture himself.

Jules AF said...

Stupid 49ers....