Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Still Alive

Yes, I am still alive. Unusual for me not to post for three days, but you know how it is. Sometimes you just don't feel like it. So what's going on?
*I'm still sick but not hacking up a lung like I was a couple days ago. I haven't taken any cough medicine for two days. But I'm kinda congested.....and my throat is kinda tight.....and when I do cough, it's that rumbly, old-man-clearing-his-throat kind of cough. Gross. And I'm tired......just tired.
*We had my sister and her husband over for dinner Friday night. We don't get to see them except for holidays. And holidays at my Mom's house are crazy so you never get to talk. This was a nice evening. I did the old-fashioned pot roast in a bag, and we talked and ate and relaxed. I'd really like to do it more often. It's so hard to keep up with visiting everyone when you have a large family.
*Which leads me to...........Hubby got a call from his SIL Saturday night. She had been to visit Hubby's mother and Mom was wondering if Hubby was still alive. Cringe! He called her the next day and she thanked him for calling and said she guessed she'd talk to him again in another two weeks. Cringe!!
*I worked Saturday morning and then lay on the couch watching "A League of Their Own". Have you seen it? It's awesome. I've watched it seventy million times. Gena Davis, Rosie O'Donnell, Madonna, Tom Hanks. Best line...."There's no crying in baseball!" I didn't really feel like doing anything.....so I didn't.
*We had planned on going out Saturday night and after some debate decided to go anyway. Hubby and I like to dance.....YES! Hubby likes to dance!!! But of course at our age, it's not easy to find a band we like. We go see The Classmates as often as we can. They play classic 60's and 70's music. You can sing along to every song. They were playing at a new place called Focaccia's. The food was excellent. We ate in the bar because that's where the band was setting up. They played their first set with the wall between the bar and dance floor closed because there was a function going on. Then between sets they opened the wall and we were able to dance. Despite not feeling great I had a ball. I think it did me good to go out.
*Sunday I got dressed only to walk to the store for my newspaper and then stayed in and vegged the rest of the day. We were supposed to have Hubby's kids over, but the weather was bad ....snow/rain/sleet/mush/crap.....and we didn't want the kids coming out in it. So we stayed home and I watched Amazing Race. The hick couple got knocked out.....good thing because they couldn't find their way out of a paper bag. Although I did feel badly for the wife when she was lost and she was crying.
*Tonight we are going to Step-daughter's house for our make-up from Sunday. I am excited to see my grand-son. I haven't seen him since Christmas. Step-daughter did send a photo though:
Apparently he's incredibly intelligent. I think I might see if he'd like to do my taxes.

1 comment:

Kaye said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. OMG, your grandson is soooo adorable! I was kinda hoping the 2 blondes would get booted off Sunday. I think I am rooting for the stuntmen or the mother and deaf son. (can't remember their names)