Thursday, March 27, 2008

New Cross stitch



Time for me to start a new cross-stitch. I really should have started one in January, but I'd just finished a new baby cross-stitch for my grand-daughter that took me about a year.



So I decided I wanted to do a "Family Tree", since I was remarried in June 2006 and I now have a new family. I was really looking for a pattern that looked like an actual tree, and I found a couple but they weren't very attractive and were limited in the number of names I could put on. I wanted a pattern where I could take the cross-stitch down and add names of grandchildren as they came along. So I found this pattern, which is very pretty and will give me the flexibility I want.

The center reads "Our family quilt grows more precious with every union, every birth and every special occasion." The squares and diamonds all have flowers in them, and the edges are where you can add the names and dates. I'm looking forward to working on this cross-stitch. I'm sure it'll be a year before I get it done. Just for fun, I'm going to keep track of how many hours I spend on it.

No comments: