My good friend Joan over at How To Be A Housewife put up a post called "20 Weird Things" about herself, having been challenged by a friend of hers to do so. Joan, in turn, challenged her readers to do the same. So........here they are, in no particular order:
1. My sheets and blankets have to be smooth and square on the bed or I can't sleep. If the blankets become messed up at night, I have to get out of bed and re-make the bed before I can go back to sleep.
2. I love the smell of coffee, but I drink tea.
3. I like most things toasted very dark, almost burnt.
4. I can't stand anything soggy, but I do like the soggy bread in a bowl of French Onion Soup.
5. I like to read a real newspaper, and a real book vs. online newspaper or e-reader.
6. I suffer from mono-hiccupitis.....the tendency to hiccup just once after the first sip of a carbonated beverage.
7. I adore penguins.......real, stuffed, photos or videos.
8. I can say all the United States alphabetically.
9. I have a cat that thinks he's a dog and looks like a cow.
10. I started doing Child Care and worked in the field for 30 years, because I didn't believe it was good for my children to be in daycare.
11. If I get the hiccups once in a day, I will have them three times before the day is over.
12. I got my first tattoo and went white-water rafting to celebrate my 40th birthday.
13. I was the best man at my brother's wedding.
14. I have a daughter who plays professional football.
15. I say Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit at the beginning of each month to insure good luck for me for the whole month.
16. I learned to play a card game called "45's" at the age of 5. This game is played only by people living in the Merrimack Valley area of Massachusetts.
17. I like to go to the beach in the middle of winter, but not in the summer.
18. I married a hippie, who is the love of my life.
His contributions to the list - things he thinks are weird but that I find perfectly normal:
19. I read in bed, on my side so that the book is sideways.
20. I love to cook on the grill and he doesn't (he thinks that's a "man thing")
21. I can watch repeats of the same TV show over and over (I also can read the same book more than once if I really like it).
So there you have it. 21 Weird Things about Me (I gave you an extra). Now make a list and leave me a comment with your blog address, and I will link it to my post.