Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A New Year

My my, four days without posting! My life must have been pretty boring the past few days if I've had nothing to blog about. We actually had a pretty nice and quiet weekend. We went out on Saturday night and saw the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". It was a good movie. 2 hours and 50 minutes long and I didn't fall asleep! Or even want to! It was pretty interesting and very well-done. Kind of cool too, to see Brad Pitt as a very old man. We used the free tickets I won at my company Christmas party and then spent $15.50 on popcorn, a drink and an ice cream for Hubby. Isn't that ridiculous? We also watched the Patriots game on Sunday afternoon. An excellent game and they won, but their playoff chances were dictated by whether or not other teams won, and the other teams did not win. So even though the Pats had an 11-5 record, they are not in the playoffs. Phooey on that! And spring training for the Red Sox doesn't start for months! I've been trying to get my cross-stitch done. I think if I can make a commitment to take it out every single day, even if it's only for 15 minutes, I might get it done before March. I began working on it last March! I think a year on one cross-stitch will be a record for me. This is one I'm going to keep, so you'd think that would give me more incentive to finish it. I already have a plan of the next one I want to do and I refuse to even consider starting it until this one is finished. My kids got all together and gave Hubby and me a gift of a night out on New Year's Eve for our Christmas gift. Such thoughtful kids. We'll be going to Amesbury Playhouse for a dinner and a play, and then a DJ and dancing until midnight. It should be a fun time. Sadly, I can't even remember if we went out last New Year's Eve! Am I old or what?

No comments: