Saturday, November 8, 2008

Open Mic

Hubby is a musician and loves to get up and sing and perform. I am quite the opposite....the opposite of a musician being ...uhm....I don't know what you'd call me but I'm definitely non-musical. But Hubby loves for me to get up and sing with him, so I've been going to open mics with him and singing....totally against my better judgement. In a couple of weeks we are going to be a "feature" at an open mic. The feature gets to sing for about a 1/2 hour instead of just being allowed the usual two songs that the regular open mic people get. That means we have to have about 6-8 songs prepared.
We've been practicing, but not enough for me. Hubby would be happy to get up there and "wing" it....but I can't do that. I have to practice over and over again because I don't have the natural ability to know when to come in with the next line of lyrics, etc.
Tonight we sang two of the songs we've been preparing for the feature. We did okay. We stumbled a bit through the second one, mostly because we had just finished actually writing it this afternoon!! If I can, I'll get Hubby to practice with me every night now until November 18. I need it.
Five things I'm thankful for today:
1. A hubby who wants me to sing with him even though I stink.
2. A hubby who willingly makes apple pies while I'm at work.
3. A hubby who left the kitchen nice and clean after he finished making his apple pies.
4. A hubby who is going through his coin collection to chose just the right coin to bring to my niece tomorrow because he knows it will make her happy. (he usually brings her a nice seashell or a pretty rock)
5. A hubby who willingly went grocery shopping with me this afternoon even though it's a Saturday and the traffice was intolerable. He also carried in all the heavy bags.

2 comments:

tag vennard said...

hey that boils down to ONE thing you're thankful for- a hubby!
I am just as thankful for wife and all the things she does to make my life beautiful!smooch
hubby

Joan J said...

AWwwwwwwwwwwwww....kleenex time!