Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Miscellaneous Stuff

After a crazy busy weekend, it's a quiet week here for me. It's the last week of school and no one is using a substitute teacher this week. Fine by me. I am done, done, done!! Our weekend went like this: Saturday morning I went up to the summer camp to work for a couple hours. We got a ton of work done. Unfortunately, right before I left, I stepped wrong on the edge of a walkway and severely twisted my ankle. Damn that hurts!!! Despite my ankle blowing up like a balloon and turning purple, we went to Jamie's football game in Medway, MA. We missed the opening kickoff but only missed a couple minutes of the first quarter. It was a very hard-played game but Manchester Freedom lost......which means they are not in the playoffs. I'm sad for my daughter who worked so hard to get the team there. It was hot as hell at the game and my ankle throbbed like a son-of-a-gun. Hubby and I wanted to go to a coffeehouse Saturday night. It's one we used to go to a lot when he lived in Central MA, but it's a bit far away from us now and we only go occasionally. It was the tenth anniversary of the coffeehouse and they were having a bunch of their highlighted performers come back for an encore. So after the game, we went to Cogshall Park in Fitchburg to spend about an hour. By this time I could hardly walk. We hobbled......well, I hobbled and Hubby just hung on.....to a bench and no sooner sat down than it began to rain. We gave that up and went to Boston Market for some dinner, then went to the coffeehouse. It was just as amazing as we thought it would be. Sunday was Father's Day, and I'd told Hubby we could do whatever he wanted. He had seen a sign for a free jazz concert at Winnekinni Castle in Haverhill and wanted to go. We went up to visit my Dad first and then went to the concert. It was great to see Hubby enjoy it so much. Since it was Father's Day, I told Hubby I'd make him whatever he wanted. Now, when it's MY turn to pick a meal, I ask Hubby to make his home-made fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and don't forget the cranberry sauce! Hubby wanted frozen ravioli, canned sauce, frozen meatballs and frozen garlic bread! I have the feeling I'm a bit more high maintenance when it comes to food than he is! No work for me on Monday.....I spent the day doing stuff for camp. Lots of planning and I even went over there for an hour or so to straighten out my room and take stuff I'd been piling up to bring over there. Today was a babysitting day for me.....my last one!! Oh no! I'll have Emily withdrawals! I told DIL I'd have to call her a couple days a week after the camp day is over and visit for an hour or so. This afternoon I will visit Jamie at her apartment in Nashua since she lives about 3 minutes away from my pottery class. Tonight I will continue my attempts to create a coffee mug. I hope I have better luck than last week!

No comments: