Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Scrapping and card-making

One of the things I've missed tremendously is scrapbooking.   I started about 15 years ago when scrapbooking wasn't really heard of around New England.   A woman who moved here from the mid-west, where scrapbooking was rampant, opened a store in our town.   She did so because she missed it and scrapbooking hadn't been heard of in these parts.

I started out with a 40th anniversary book for my parents.   My sister and brothers and sister-in-law helped out, and I was hooked.

I've made books for my two sons.   My daughter has lots of pages we made together for her Girl Scout and Softball adventures.  But I've never made a book for my daughter that includes her birthdays and graduation, etc, like I made for my sons.

Now that I have a craft room, I fully intend to make her a book.   And just to jump-start my interest, my friend Kay invited the girls from work over to scrap and stamp.   Kay makes beautiful stamped cards.   She offered to let us use all her stamps, punches, etc. and she'd teach us some techniques.  She has a room all set up in her basement with more materials than you'd ever want.

So last night we went to Kay's, had some dinner, a few glasses of wine, and had a ball cutting, creating and pasting.   I made a stamped card, and a page for Jamie's book.

Now I just have to take that enthusiasm and transfer it to my craft room and keep on working on that book.

1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I have sooo gotten out of scrapbooking but every time I look at one I made, it makes me proud and I love it! Don't know why I stopped..darned digital age I think. Have fun and make those memories sing to you both!