Sunday, April 17, 2011

We Lost a Lovely Lady

Today we lost a woman I feel privileged to have known.   My hubby's Mom passed away this morning.   I was the newcomer in the Vennard Family clan, but his Mom made me feel welcome from the very first day.
She was so pleased that her son had found "such a nice girl". 

One of her last outings was to come to our wedding.


Her whole family was there and that's one of the things she loved the most. 
Her dearest wish was to have a calm, peaceful ending to her life, with her children gathered around her.   And thanks to the tenacity of her children and the wonderful services of hospice, that's exactly what she got.

Up until just a few weeks before she died, she was the same happy, fun-loving, laughing, singing, wise-cracking woman she'd always been.   She squeezed a lot of fun and love into her 85 years, and she should be proud of the family she left behind.   She raised them with so much love, and it shows.


We'll miss her terribly, but we're all so happy that she's found a peaceful and relaxing place.  

I loved you, Ma, and it's  a privilege to be part of the family you created.

3 comments:

Marilyn Tremblay said...

Such a very nice tribute to a very wonderful lady! Thanks, Karen!

Anonymous said...

She was such a wonderful sister-in-law. I will truly miss our once a week phone call, if I didn't call her, she would always call me to see how I was feeling. Inwill always remember the fun we had when she married my brother Frankie. I have loved her for many years. My prayers are with all of you at this time and always. As your hubby once said to me - I'm sending love to the family, and save some for yourself. Love, Auntie Theresa!

Anonymous said...

Lucille was a very special lady. She was always smiling and made others happy. We will miss her very much.
Our love and prayers are with her wonderful children, which she loved dearly. God bless you all, Aunt Kay & Uncle Jack