Monday, April 12, 2010

So much fun to laugh our asses off...........

Things have been very tense at work lately. Our resident PITA is on a roll, going to the bosses to complain about every niggly thing. The bosses love her, as she produces lots of money for the company. I don't want to cross her and lose my job. I found out Saturday that she complained about me again.......and sadly I let her complaints put a damper on my whole weekend. I tried to go into work today with a good attitude. I kept to myself, spoke quietly, and totally ignored the PITA. I was polite to her as need be, but refused to engage in any other kind of conversation with her. I was proud of myself for the way I handled the day........but it does make for a very tense day. What happened at the end of the day, however, was priceless. The PITA had already left. She's out the door at 5:30 come hell or high water. Unbeknownst to me or anyone else, one of the travel agents had gone to the ladies' room. We all thought she had left. So me and the other two girls set the alarm and were about to leave when someone said, "Did Ellen leave?" Another girl said, "She might be in the bathroom." We're all standing there with the alarm beeping and doing the 60-second countdown. One of the girls yelled, "Ellen!" and we heard frantic screams coming from the bathroom. From there on in, it was like the keystone cops. The bathroom door slammed open and Ellen came sprinting out. We yelled "Oh my God, only 30 seconds left!" Ellen ran for her desk to grab her purse as we cheered her on with the countdown. We got out the door before the alarm sounded. I was laughing so hard I had tears running down my face. So were the other two girls. Ellen was not laughing..............

1 comment:

Me (aka Danielle) said...

That's funny right there! There is nothing like a good laugh. The kind of laugh, where you laugh until you cry! It's good for the soul!