Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cake Boss

One of my favorite shows lately is "Cake Boss" on TLC. It's funny, it's silly and it's actually pretty cool - the cakes this guy is able to make. So on our recent trip to New Jersey, we decided to stop on the way in Hoboken and visit the bakery where Cake Boss is taped. Unfortunately, it was the day before Easter and the place was packed. They had a railing outside on the sidewalk for the people standing in line, and they'd let a few people in at a time. Hubby took some photos of me in front of the shop and then we stood there and debated for a good five minutes about whether or not it would be worth it to get into the line and wait so we could go inside where it was really crowded and try to buy a canoli just so we could say........you know..........that we had bought a canoli at Carlos Bakery. Finally, I asked the lady at the front of the line how long she'd been waiting. 20 minutes. That's not so bad, I said to Hubby.....with puppy dog eyes. Finally, he agreed and we went to the end of the line.........where there was a worker standing there who informed us they'd just closed the line because the shop would be closing!! So.........here's a pic of me in front of Carlos' Bakery.

4 comments:

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Bummer..that you didn't make into the shop. Cool that you at least got to visit.

I've never watched Cake Boss. I do enjoy some of those like cooking/baking shows (Ace of Cakes and Challenge). I will have to check Cake Boss out.

Laurie said...

I Just came over from Utah Grammies, I saw Cake Boss and had to!! I love that show! You're right, it's fun, silly, and I love Carlos and his Mom. If you didn't see last night catch it in the reruns! I'm so jealous! It's too bad you didn't get in though!

Just SO said...

Bummer that you couldn't get in. But that is a sweet photo. I love that show as well!

Kaye said...

Rats! Don't you just hate it when that happens. Of course all the people in the line in front of you were probably locals and could go there anytime.