Wednesday, May 2, 2012

So Many Places to Go, Things to See

Working at a travel agency has its up-side and its down-side.   On the up-side, I get to investigate and plan all kinds of different vacations for people.  On the down-side, I have to plan all kinds of different vacations for OTHER people.

Hubby and I like to travel.  It's fun to see new places and meet new people.   At work, I do "auto travel" which means, of course, that all the vacations I help plan are in the United States.   I like that.  Because 1) I think everyone should see the USA before they venture into other countries, and 2)  travel in the USA is all Hubby and I can afford right now, so planning vacations for other people gives me some great ideas.

A lot of the places I want to see are still on our "bucket list".   Like the west coast....San Francisco, Seattle, the coastal route along the state of California, all the National Parks.    We'd also like to drive all the way down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Nashville, TN.   Those trips are  going to take some time and money, neither of which we have a lot of right now.  But eventually, I hope to cross some of those things off our list.

In the meantime, Hubby and I have some pretty nice vacations planned for this summer.  In a couple of weeks we'll be heading once again to Montreal.  We actually go there to watch Jamie play football, but it's been a great opportunity to visit a new city.  This will be our fourth time there, so we're starting to feel comfortable there.  I know we'll enjoy it.

Our "big" vacation this year is Niagara Falls.  We'll be staying on the Canadian side of the falls.  (All right, before you say anything, I know both Montreal and Ontario are NOT part of the USA......but they are close enough that I feel I can say we're still traveling in our own country.)  

Niagara Falls is someplace we've never been before.  Of course I've done tons of research on it, both for customers and now for myself.   I think we're going to have a wonderful time checking out some brand new sites.

We'll also be going into Boston for a weekend.  Hubby got me tickets to see Neil Diamond in concert at the Boston Garden, so I'm hoping we'll stay overnight for the weekend.   Of course we've been to Boston tons of time, but there's so much to see and do, we'll still be able to do some "sight-seeing".

And finally, this year I finally got us tickets to see the Boston Pops at Tanglewood.   Neither of us have been there, and we're very much looking forward to it.   We've been out to the Western part of Massachusetts so we are familiar with the area, but I know we'll find lots to see and do there as well.

And there you have it.  Our vacation plans.  I know we'll find something fun to do in the Fall as well.  I'll look forward to investigating and planning something new and exciting for us to do.

No comments: