Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day has always been a family day.   I'd pack up the kids and go to my Mom's where everyone else in the family had gathered, and we'd honor the woman who did such a good job raising us.

When Mom passed away two years ago, the bottom kind of fell out of the celebration.  The first year, I didn't want to have anything to do with that day.   I was still feeling the pain of losing my Mom, and I wasn't in the mood to celebrate.   Thankfully,  my Hubby completely understood and took me away for the day.   We went to an open house at a winery, then drove to the beach  (my refuge) and enjoyed the day together.

This year I felt the need to embrace my children on Mother's Day.  So I invited my kids over for a little cookout.  It was just my kids, my Hubby and my grand-daughter.  We don't often have the chance to get together just our little family.   To me, it was a very simple, but very lovely day.

We sat in the yard - our beautiful new backyard - and chatted........


We had a little BBQ......had a little fun..........




It was a beautiful afternoon....a joy and a pleasure to be outside, in our own backyard, with our BBQ grill going - and spending time with my wonderful kids and grand-daughter.

A perfect Mother's Day.


No comments: