Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Hubby Rocks!

I've been grumping for a bit now about the end of summer coming. It's been one of the hottest, sunniest summers we've seen in a long time, and I haven't spent any of it outside at the beach. I'm not used to having a summer job where I have to be indoors, and I miss being outside in the nice weather. Hubby is such a wonderful and understanding guy, he agreed to do something about it! So after we both worked yesterday morning, he took me out for the rest of the day (and night) to the beach. Here's a very happy Karen: Long Sands Beach in York, Maine.
Then we drove up the coast to Cape Neddick. Hubby would love to be this guy when he retires.
Cape Neddick Lighthouse
The ocean from Cape Neddick
Hubby loves the smell of the beach flowers.
From there we drove further up the coast to Perkins Cove, where you can get onto the "Marginal Way" .....one of our favorite places. It's a one-mile walk along the ocean on a little cliff overlooking the rocks.
Someone spent some time decorating with rocks.
By the time we got to the end of the Marginal Way and onto Ogunquit Beach, the sun was setting.
I'm not grumping anymore!
It was too dark to walk back along the Marginal Way to Perkins Cove, so we took the trolley. There's a whole system of Trolleys up in Ogunquit and into Wells. I think ours was named Rolly Trolley.
Now, isn't this a happy and relaxed looking couple?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me VERY happy...we're heading up to Tenants Harbor (midcoast Maine) in another week and I can't wait.

Jules AF said...

What a beautiful lighthouse. It looks like a great day!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

What a fabulous day! He sure sounds like a keeper!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Yes, yes and YES! You BOTH look so happy and in love..just what the Dr. ordered, huh? Oh and I love the photos of the wonderful Maine..one of the MOST beautiful places I have traveled to!