Saturday, August 21, 2010

Where does the time go?

I was shocked to check out my blog and realize I hadn't posted in a week. Even more shocked to realize I hadn't read anyone else's blog in that time and most people had posted two or three times. What have I been doing? I don't know. Just doing my thing, I guess. I took the day off Monday, just for the heck of it. They had scheduled my half-day for Monday afternoon, and I figured....who wants to go into the office for a half day on Monday morning? Plus, my daughter has her day off on Monday and I thought it would be great to spend some time with her. My dearest wish was to spend the day at the beach. However, after a full summer of hot, sunny days while I was stuck in an office, my one day off was overcast and threatening rain! Never fails. So Jamie and I had lunch together and went to the movies instead. We saw "Eat, Pray, Love" with Julia Roberts. It was a good movie......a lot to digest in one sitting. Now I want to read the book. Tuesday night I went out on my monthly lunch date with my girlfriends. We chose a local Chinese restaurant. We spent the evening as we usually do....chatting about our families and our work and our vacations. On Wednesday, (and Thursday and Friday) I had to go work at another office location. It's 17 miles away, which is a huge commute for me.....I work 1 1/2 miles from my house usually. Hubby gave me some awsome directions to go the back roads. Thank God, cause there's no way I could have handled going on the highway. Wednesday night I attended a baby shower for a woman from work. It was fun to get together with people I work with on an informal basis. In between all this.......cleaning and shopping and laundry, etc. Keeping up with other family members on Facebook and by phone. Paying bills and making dinner and spending time with Hubby. And that's been my week. The weekend coming up is full. Working this morning and babysitting tonight. Then Sunday we are going to my brother's house for my Dad's long-awaited lobster-fest and then to the antique car show. And then it will be Monday again.

1 comment:

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Yay for having a Monday off!

I keep hearing good things about the movie Eat.Pray.Love. I really need to take time to go see it....