Monday, November 10, 2008

Update

So I wrote an email to the company that was selling the item on Ebay:
I received your email stating I have won my auction on Ebay for item #260309742884. I read in your instructions that items can only be shipped to the billing address on my credit card. I've had a problem in the past having packages shipped to my house. I live in a locked condo, and if no one is home UPS or other shippers cannot leave the package on the doorstep. I have been having my packages shipped to my husband's work address so someone will be there to receive it. The only way I can have packages sent to the house is through regular USPS mail because we have big locked mail boxes where they can leave it. Please advise if you ship it UPS or USPS. If it's UPS or other similar shipping company it will have to be sent via my husband's work address.
The answer I got:
Thank you for contacting us. The item will be shipped by FedEx. When using a credit card to pay for the item we will only ship to the credit cards billing address due to fraud. If you have a paypal account you can add your husbands work address to this account and then we can send it there. If you do not and would like it send to your husbands work address you will need to select one of the other payment methods. Postal money order walmart money order, Western union wire, bank to bank transfer. We are not held by the credit cards rules when paying with one of these alternate methods and we can ship the item any where you would like it sent. If you have any questions on this please let me know.
So I decided to go the Paypal route. I had to go in and add my husband's work address as a "gift address" in order for them to be able to send it there. The only other problem I had was that they still had my previous name - from before I got married 2 1/2 years ago - and there was no way I could change it. Supposedly, the name on the card has to match the card number. But Paypal accepted the payment so we'll see what happens.
Things I am thankful for today:
1. That an extra cup of tea got rid of my headache this morning.
2. That I was really busy at work and the time flew by.
3. That the only mistake I made at work today was not my fault.
4. That I got to visit my brother and his family yesterday.
5. That tomorrow is Veteran's Day and we have the day off. (even though I don't get paid for it......which doesn't sound very thankful....sorry!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually you can call your credit card company and add your husband's address as an alternate address. I had to this for a computer supply company with those rules. I just called customer service, explained the situation and was told it is done all the time.