Friday, November 28, 2008

Day After Thanksgiving

Hubby kind of laughed at me this week - that I had posted all about Thanksgiving BEFORE Thanksgiving happened! I told him to watch....everything would be exactly the same as I'd said it would be. Sure enough. Dad cooked a 28 pounder PLUS the extra turkey breast on the rotisserie, we had the banana fritters...and my personal apple fritters....Mom used the paper plates....everything! Grand-daughter Emily was in a wonderful mood and enjoyed all the people. I was so glad she wasn't afraid at all! In fact, her new words are "hi" (with the little wave) and "bye". So she went around saying hi and bye to everyone! Today is "Black Friday" which in Salem, NH is "Traffic nightmare day". It wasn't bad when I came out to work at 8:30 this morning...probably the lull between the 5am shoppers and the normal idiots that came out at 10am. Right now as I'm leaving I can see the traffic backed up all the way up the road. My 3 minute drive home will probably take me a 1/2 hour. Hubby and I thought we'd go to the beach this afternoon and find a nice seafood place to eat. But it's pouring down rain right now (which will make the traffic even more pleasant) so I guess the beach is out. Not sure what we'll do. Maybe the movies? I did want to go see that movie "The Changeling". I'm not sure if it's still in the theaters. I'll have to check it out.

No comments: