Monday, November 17, 2008

Madagascar 2

Hubby and I got to take my niece to see Madagascar 2 at the movies yesterday. It's her ninth birthday next month and we wanted to take her out for her present. It was also a great opportunity for me to go see a children's movie and not look stupid cause I didn't have a child with me.
We told Laura we'd get her some snacks. Little did I know that they had containers of loose candies with scoops and little white bags so you could pick and choose your candy and pay for it by the pound.....$8.99 a pound, to be exact! I told Laura she could fill the bag up to the bottom fold line - she negotiated for the middle fold line. I put some candy in my bag and weighed it and determined that we could each get 1/2 pound of candy. We had a blast filling our scoops with everything from gummi bears to raisinettes to sour patch candies and weighed in. My bad was .45 lbs. Laura's bag was .58 lbs. Hubby's bag was .75 lbs!
The movie was a lot of fun. My only disappointment was that they advertised 37% more penguins and I'm sure there was NOT more penguins in this movie than their was in Madagascar 1. But it was great....the humor was funny for the kids as well as the adults. We had a good time. There's nothing like seeing a movie with a kid to make you enjoy it more.
Five things I am thankful for today:
1. It hasn't snowed yet.
2. I have a niece young enough to take to children's movies.
3. In a couple of years I'll have a grand-daughter old enough to take to children's movies.
4. I passed the test for Disney Academy and got my Mickey ears with the mortarboard on top in the mail. 5. I can put my jammies on now as soon as I get home because it's dark out so early.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

That sounds like a great time. I haven't been to a theatre with the bulk candy. Did you have to get a personal loan before you went?