Sunday, November 23, 2008

This weekend was a "grandchildren" weekend. On Saturday we babysat Emily. Doug and Kara just wanted to spend some time out together so we went over around 3pm. Emily was up from her nap and in great form. We had a good time playing with her. She loved playing with Pepere. He'd put a ball under his shirt and then ask her where it was and she'd come over and smack his stomach until he pulled it out. Of course, she had to do it over and over and over again! After a while we gave her some supper, which she ate like she hadn't eaten in days. Then it was bath-time. She loves getting herself soaked. She takes the little tupperware containers that she uses to play with in the tub and manages to fling the water in them perfectly so it lands all over her face and head. She laughs like crazy. After bath she was very calm....so we picked up toys and watched a little Sesame Street. I had forgotten what a great show it is. So fun for kids and not a bad thing in it. We were just thinking of putting her to bed when Doug and Kara came home. They loved their time out but were happy to come home and see their baby. This afternoon we had Tag's kids over for Thanksgiving dinner. His son Kenny came with his friend Matthew, and his daughter Wendy came with her boyfriend Allan and their son Noah. Noah is two months old already! He's a very solemn little guy. It's hard to get him to smile. I managed a couple of half-grins and one full blown smile. I don't get to see him much so I grabbed him as soon as they came in and hogged him most of the night! He ate and slept and kept us amused. I couldn't resist this photo of "Uncle Kenny" holding his nephew.
And I tried hard to get him to smile.....he's so serious!

2 comments:

kenneth frank said...

love the pictures! thanks karen! the meal was excellent.

tag vennard said...

My favorite Thanksgiving is having my children over, AND my grandson too! A room full of the people I love the most! A blessed time for me! That is why we have Vennard dinner once a month!
love
dad