Friday, January 10, 2014

Random Thoughts

I was looking at the tally of how many blog posts I've done each year since I started blogging  (6 years!) and it's sad to see that the amount has gone down every year.   Another New Year's resolution?  Blog more.......we'll see how it goes.

*   Still working on the diet.   I'm slowly coming to realize that what everyone says is true.  It has to be a lifestyle change, not a diet.    Every time something special comes up (and there's usually something special going on every weekend!) I use it as an excuse to go off my diet.   I am working on changing my thinking and really trying to think about every single thing I put into my mouth and deciding if it's worth the calories.

*  They have a new grill out that apparently can tell what you're cooking and let's you know how long to cook things and when to turn them over, etc.   It brought up the subject of whether there will come a time when people's brains will no longer work.....when we will rely on technology to remember and do things for us.   Think about it......how many of your family and friends' phone numbers do you know by heart?

*  It's that time of year when we have to make the decision whether we want our winter to be sedate or active.  Do we want to be couch potatoes or try and accomplish something?   Two years ago, we were couch potatoes, and after it was over I felt like we'd wasted about 3 months of our lives.  Last year, we did the living room remodel, and we killed ourselves for 4 months.   Maybe we'll try for a happy medium this year.

*  In that line of thought, I have 3 activities I can pursue this weekend.   1)  Work on a sewing project I have in mind.   2)  Practice on my pottery wheel  3)  Start ripping down the wallpaper in the upstairs hallway.  I wonder which project I'll work on?     Maybe I'll have time to fit in all three.


No comments: