Saturday, March 26, 2011

Little Pocket Calendars

There are so many things in life that remind me how old I'm getting. I now start so many stories with "In MY day......" I'm also amazed at the fact that my three year old grand-daughter is more proficient with technology than I am. Today I went to a baby shower for a friend's daughter. This friend is one of my group of friends that go out once a month, to stay in touch and visit with each other. All the friends were together at the shower, and we took it as an opportunity to plan a date for our next dinner. And we all reached for our purses to pull out our little pocket calendars and pens. We looked at each other and just laughed. A younger group of women would have pulled out their blackberries, or Iphones, or whatever such devices they use for keeping a calendar. We pulled out our old-fashioned paper and pencil calendars. And our reading glasses. 'nuff said.

1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

That's great! I can just see it now..quiet..then looking at each other..then bursting out with laughter! Love it!