Monday, October 10, 2011

9-day week

Since we've bought our house, we've realized how very precious our weekends are.   In the past, two days off was fine - it took me all of an hour to clean the whole condo.  Most of the time, I could knock off cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping during my 1/2 day off during the week, leaving the whole weekend for fun.

Now we own a  house.   And as everyone told us, there is ALWAYS something to do.  Always some sort of chores around the house to keep us busy.   We've tried really hard to make sure we make time for fun on the weekend, but as they say, you gotta make hay while the sun shines.  So on this beautiful Columbus Day weekend, we worked our asses off.

Now Hubby has come up with an ingenious solution.   The 9-day week.   Most major companies don't like hearing about cutting the work-week to four days.   With the 9-day week, we'd keep our usual 5 days of work.  And we could also continue to have two weekend days for chores.  

BUT - we'd also have two more days for fun!   Our new week would be:  Sunday (chores), Funday, (fun)  Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (work), Playday (fun) Saturday. (chores).

What do you think?  Are you in???

2 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

actually, I'd like 4 1/2 days off and maybe a half day working..but that's probably called "retirement" and I can't get that for another 3 years...

Karen said...

This comment was left by "Robert". I accidentally deleted it and the only way I could figure out how to get it back was this:

I used to work a 9 day week when I worked in a railway job.

The long weekends were great because I could travel more. But getting back to work after such a long time away was really difficult. It felt like I had to work harder to get my brain back in to gear. I suppose my weekends were so long my brain started to think it was Okay to forget about work.