Thursday, June 30, 2011

"Playing" with the new toys

My dad and my sister gave us a brand new lawnmower for a house-warming gift.   It's red and shiny.....Hubby's "mid-life crisis" machine!   (cheaper than a Ferrari!)

So even though I had thought to myself that it would be nice to just relax for one night and give my poor body a rest, Hubby really wanted to use his new lawnmower.


I gave it a whirl


But I spent most of the time while Hubby was mowing using the power hedge trimmer.  Come to find out, we have eleventy million shrubs in our yard, each one begging for a haircut.   After trimming 6 or 7 of them, my arms were shaking and my fingers were cramping.   I figured the rest will wait until tomorrow night....or over the weekend......or next week.


I couldn't take a picture to show you of the beautifully mowed lawn, cause Hubby actually finished it after dark!

This is one strip mowed down the middle....just so you can see how badly it needed a mow.


I'll see if I can get a picture in here tomorrow of the newly mowed lawn.


No comments: