Friday, June 17, 2011

Boxes, Boxes....anyone got boxes?

Jerry Seindfeld does a bit on his TV show about boxes......that when you're moving, there's an insatiable need to find boxes.  Until you die, when you finally find the perfect box.

Right now, all I want to do it find more boxes.  We need big boxes for the light stuff, small boxes for the heavy stuff, and approximately 22 boxes from the liquor store just for my hubby's LP collection.

So right now, our living room looks like we've just had the party of the century.   We've got vodka boxes, whiskey boxes, wine boxes.........you get the picture.

Because liquor boxes are the best.  They are heavy duty, and most of them have great handles on the sides.  A friend of mine suggested them for Hubby's LPs, and I thought it was a great idea.

In our town, we have a State Liquor store, and they have hundreds of empty boxes piled all over the place.  I walked in and started pulling boxes off the pile, looking for ones that seemed the right size to fit LPs in. 

The lady at the counter FREAKED!   "Excuse me!!! M'am!!! DON'T TAKE THOSE BOXES!

Er.........okay.   "You can take the ones from the edge of that doorway to the edge of the window."   Er.......okay.

I took a half-dozen, and Hubby quickly filled them.   He went back, and was accosted by the same employee.    And when I went back again, and started to take some from beside the counter, I was told in no uncertain terms that "Those are MY boxes and you can't have them!"

After we move, I'm going to bring all the boxes back to her...including all the ones we got from any other place.   She can have them as my gift to her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try craigslist! And good luck... I HATE moving!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I would pay to see you return all your boxes to her! Classic!

Finding boxes can be NO fun. Good luck!