Monday, June 20, 2011

Moving is Messy

This weekend was the big push for packing.   If we close on Friday......which, BTW, we have NOT gotten firm confirmation on........then this was our last chance to have full days to pack.   Everywhere we look are boxes......and stuff that still needs to be packed as soon as we find more boxes!



Hubby's room "all packed up".   He did a fantastic job, considering his usual mode of packing is to throw everything in garbage bags and toss them on the truck.


I'm hoping I haven't forgotten anything important.    Our crazy-ass plan is this: 

  Finish packing every possible thing except our bed and other needed stuff on Wednesday night.   I just found out that my son and daughter-in-law will take the cat for the duration of the move, which will be a godsend.  Our alternative was locking him in a room, because he's an indoor cat and would surely escape while we move things in and out.

Pick up the truck at 7am Thursday morning.   Load the whole thing up, thankfully with the help of my daughter Jamie.   She's between her school job and her summer camp job, and is nice enough to give up one of her precious three days off between the jobs.

Hopefully finish by mid-afternoon, drop the truck in my son's driveway so it'll be safe overnight, go to the local Marriott and clean up, go to Shirley to see a friend's show and stay at the Marriott Thursday night.

The plan (in my head) is to close on the condo on Friday morning, close on the house sometime after that, and then drive the truck over and start unpacking.   Whoever shows up to help on Friday afternoon/evening will be such a blessing!

If all goes well, we'll be sleeping in our new house Friday night.   Getting from here to there will be the exhausting part!

3 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Sounds like a good plan..I used to move a lot, so I know what you are going through...Ugh! Wal-Mart has some very good moving boxes really cheap..we got a lot of them for packing up for the yard sale..they were great!

Good luck!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

You're right, moving IS messy! I dread the day we ever decide to move. Best of luck my friend!!

Kaye said...

Moving is more than messy- It's a royal pain in the ass! I hope all goes well with your closing and moving. Just think, next week all this will be just a memory. ENjoy your new home.