Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm Guilty.......

I've said over and over again....in this blog as well as in the "real world".....that I hate it that the Christmas Season is so rushed. Big sales beginning before Halloween. Decorations and Christmas music in the stores just afterwards. Why can't they keep Christmas for just the two weeks before the actual holiday?
But I started my Christmas shopping yesterday. Yup, I did. I couldn't help myself. I had some time off......I had money saved in my Christmas Club account......and the internet was just sitting right here in my bedroom, begging me to spend money.
So I did. I love shopping online. I found all kinds of wonderful things. I placed a huge order with Amazon, sent for some gift cards from various stores, and checked out prices on lots of items.
And I got in the car and actually went to a couple of stores. Yup, I did. It was tough, cause I had to get out of my nightgown and brush my hair to do it.
But there were a few things that I couldn't get online, and a few other things that I wanted to look at in person before I bought them.
It wasn't bad. There wasn't much traffic and few lines. Not bad for a Thursday afternoon 5 weeks before Christmas, huh?

1 comment:

RoeH said...

I love that cartoon. I won't even mention what I'm wearing even right now. I think it's why I love shopping online also. All of our grandmothers would roll over in their graves if they knew how we live now. :)