Sunday, November 8, 2009

For those of you in the Heartland......

Hubby and I went to the beach yesterday. It was a balmy 60 degrees in New England and, in our humble opinion, the perfect day for the beach. No traffic, no crowds. A bit chilly but comfortable and heart-lifting. You can't tell in this photo, but the waves were actually pretty big for New England. Later in the day we actually saw a crazy person...in a wetsuit....practicing his surfing. I don't think it was actually cold enough for Hubby's hat, but he likes wearing it and couldn't wait to bust it out.
Ours weren't the only footprints. There were other people there....we're not the only crazy ones.
Hubby spied a red wooden box bouncing around in the surf. He had to risk life and limb (and wet sneakers) to capture it.
Success!
As the day got later, the sun was hitting the waves just right to make them look flourescent.
The Sunset was so pretty!
And of course, we concluded our day with a trip to the center for some fried dough. Good thing there are no photos of that! Powdered sugar sure knows how to fly everywhere!

2 comments:

RoeH said...

Ahhhhh.........looks so nice and calming. I love the beach. Or that is if I can find a spot on it where I can be all alone. I don't feel the calming when it's loaded with people.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I have been to New England only once..but I loved every minute of my time there- you are indeed lucky and hubby looks so happy! Love the photo of the footprints in the sand:-)