* The passports finally came in. But of course, not before we had to re-arrange our whole vacation. Luckily, things worked out with the Bed and Breakfast, and our jobs.
* Some friends of friends had a very large kitchen table they wanted to give away. Thankfully, they thought of us. We bought a table on Craigslist about 6 months ago, and after spending $200 for it, I was disappointed at how small it really was.
The new table is bigger even before you put the leaf in.
Plus, we re-sold the old table on Craigslist for the same price we bought it for. The new table cost us 5 pounds of steak tips and a double six-pack of beer.
* I've been going crazy on the front yard garden. New flowers, trellises, planters, etc. It's very gratifying when we're sitting on our front porch and neighbors walk by and say, "the yard's looking really good"! There's still more to be done. Hubby will pull out another shrub and I'll be making an English Garden in that spot.
* Hubby's vegetable garden is coming along nicely. Most of the seeds have sprouted and plants are getting bigger. No flowers to produce fruit yet, but that should be coming along. Right now he needs to get a fence up, before the bunny rabbits decide to have some lunch on his plants.
* We had our employee appreciation breakfast at work the other day. I was surprised and pleased to find out I was the top-selling agent for car rentals and hotel reservations. I won a gift bag from Best Western hotels with a gift card to the hotel, four days of free car rental and an Applebee's gift card. Sweet!
* Daughter Jamie plays her last football game today. Sadly, her team didn't do very well, so they will not be in the play-offs. Jamie was nominated for the fourth time (?) to the All-Star game in Texas. She probably won't go this year, as she is short of funds.
As always, I will try to post more often. You know how it is though, right??