Friday, February 25, 2011

Slip sliding away

I just looked and realized that I only posted 5 times in the whole month of February. Not cool! Time for me to get moving and try to post more often. Should I set a goal of posting every day in the month of March? Is that unrealistic? I suppose I'm going to give it a try. It's not like I have nothing to blog about. Our calendar is STUFFED with things to do. So.......this past week: After our jam on Sunday (previous post) I had Monday off for the holiday. I had no one to play with, so I stayed in my jammies most of the day. I did get dressed to go across the street to Kohl's and get some new clothes. I am "The World's Worst Shopper". I just don't like to shop. So buying four tops and a new pair of pants was quite the accomplishment for me. And it was way fun to wear a new different top every single day for the rest of the week. Wednesday I had a fantastic day. I didn't plan it this way, but I got to go out to eat for lunch AND dinner! At lunch I met with my cousins, my dad, uncle and sister at T-bones. I only see my cousins usually once a year at our family reunion, despite the fact that they all live within 20 miles of me. So it was a fun time. And for dinner, I went out to eat with my Girl Scout Leader friends, something we do once a month. Dinner at the 99 was yummy and the conversation was great. Thursday night I had my son and his fiancee over for dinner. They're having a hard time trying to decide what to do for a wedding. Cost is a huge factor. They're both very practical, and hate to spend thousands on a wedding when they'd like to buy a house pretty soon. I don't blame them one bit. But I did tell them that if they decided to elope, I would have to be invited 'cause I just can't miss seeing my son get married! Friday nights are usually pretty low-key in our house. Hubby and I are both tired from the week, and usually either one or both of us have to work on Saturday morning. So it was Chinese food and a Netflix movie (Social Networking.......I give it a 5 out of 10) for us tonight. That was my week.....busy but not especially exciting. I'll post again tomorrow! Have a nice night.

No comments: