Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pasta e Fagioli

We took my dad and my daughter to Olive Garden on Sunday for their "Soup, salad and breadsticks" lunch deal. Best deal in town, by the way. The soup I had was called "Pasta e Fagioli". Not being Italian, I had no idea what that meant but the description sounded great. "White and red beans, ground beef, tomatoes and pasta in a savory broth." And it was delicious. When I came home, I decided to take a shot at finding the recipe on line. I found it here. I made it for supper tonight, and it was absolutely delicious. Thankfully, I halved the recipe because we still have a ginormous bowl of it left over. Perfect for me to bring for lunch.

3 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I used to LOVE that soup! Now that I am vegetarian, I probably can easily substitute the non-beef crumbles or just add more beans! Glad you found the recipe and shared :-)

Kaye said...

Try their creamy chicken with gnocchi - YUMMY!!

Joan J said...

Mmmm.. I'll be trying that soup, for sure! You know, if you leave out the pasta until the soup is made, you can freeze the extra soup for those nights you don't feel like cooking after work! Add your pasta in each time you unfreeze and cook it, so the pasta doesn't absorb all the broth and expand to shoe size. ;)