Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Beauty of Fall

Despite the "Hot and Muggys" we've had the past few days, fall has hit New England as far as decorating goes.   We haven't seen very many colored leaves yet, but everyone seems to have started putting out fall flowers and Halloween decorations.    For the first time in many years, I'm able to join in the fun of making my house look pretty.

Hubby has been hauling rocks all summer to create a stone wall for me.   I love the look of a stone wall.   He's going to take the fence down when the wall is ready to stand on its own.
(Notice the propane tank on the side of the house waiting to be picked up)



We still have Impatiens, but I got some beautiful bright yellow Mums.




Eventually, I want to have an English Garden in the front of the house so it will be bursting with color.  Right now, I'm so grateful that I get to make my house look pretty with these gorgeous flowers.

3 comments:

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Fall is my favorite time of year! Love the color of those flowers!!

Joan J said...

I love everything about your new house! It's so beautiful and it definitely says "New England". Flowers out front would add some great pops of color, but I just love it the way it is. You did good :)

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I so **LOVE** your home! I have been to New England twice - once in the fall- and I can't think of a place I'd ever rather be this time of year! And, WOW..all those stones? Stone walls were one thigng I really noticed (and loved) when I was there. Have a beautiful and fun decorating time, OK?