Sunday, November 21, 2010

Countdown to Turkey Day!

Only three more day until Turkey Day! Thanksgiving really is my favorite Holiday. It's better than Christmas cause it's less stressful (no gifts to buy and wrap.....no decorating, etc.) BUT....it's pretty much the same as Easter.....and somehow I like Thanksgiving better. I don't know why. Anyway - the best thing about Thanksgiving is getting together with family. A lot of them I don't see very often.......so getting togther at Thanksgiving gives us time to visit and chat and enjoy each other's company. Of course, the food is paramount as well. We have the usual Turkey and fixins......and then a few other things that are unusual. Like pork stuffing and banana fritters. The pork stuffing is a French tradition.....I have no idea why we have banana fritters except that years ago my aunt loved them, and even though she is now gone, it has become part of the tradition. I have so very many things to be thankful for......way too many to count......so I'll list my top ten. 1. I am so thankful for the most amazing, loving, romantic and understanding husband in the world. I hit the jackpot with this one. 2. I have children that I'm so very proud of. Each is unique, each is special and each holds a very special place in my heart. 3. I'm grateful for wonderful "significant others" for my children. They are good partners for my children, and I love them as if they were my own. 4. I am the proud memere of the most adorable grandbabies that anyone could ever want. They are smart and cute and funny and happy. Kudos to their Moms and Dads for raising these wonderful babies. 5. I'm so very thankful for a Dad who has always been one of the best Dads imaginable. He was a "hands-on" father long before that term became popular. He has always done right by us kids, and continues to be involved in our lives. I love him so much! 6. I'm grateful for brothers and a sister who are also good friends to me. It's great that we can hang out together and enjoy each others' company......often laughing our heads off at the antics we got into as kids. 7. I'm thankful that throughout this recession, we've all been able to continue working. I'm amazed that there's not one person in our family who is not working . I'm proud that everyone is self-sufficient and able to care for themselves. 8. I love that I have friends who I've kept in touch with over the course of the years. I met all these friends when the children were young and we were involved in sports and Girl Scouts and PTA. I'm thankful that we've all made the effort to keep in touch. 9. I'm grateful that Hubby's family loves me like one of their own. It's not always easy to find great in-laws, but in my case I've been lucky. 10. I'm thankful that.....though we are by no means rich..........Hubby and I have enough money to go on some adventures. We both love to explore new places while we enjoy each others' company. I'm grateful that we get to do that. Happy Turkey Day, everyone!

No comments: