Sunday, October 17, 2010

Making Strides Walkathon

Today was the Making Strides Walkathon for Breast Cancer. I was ambivalent about going. The first time we went, we did it in support of my Mom who was a breast cancer survivor. This time we were doing it in her memory.
My sister made us some visors to wear:
The whole team we belonged to was Curves of Hampstead. I was told the group raised about $7,ooo.
Our team in memory of my Mom;
In the back, left to right is me, Hubby, my daughter Jamie and my sister's friend Cathy. In front is my Dad, my niece Jessica, my sister Chris, and my niece Sammi. Dad came out to see us off, but did not walk.
We decided to forego the festivities and start walking early. The walk is a big loop, and somehow we went the opposite way of everyone else! Oops!
I hope my Mom up in heaven knew that she was in our thoughts all day today......we miss her and love her so much. Hugs, Mom.

2 comments:

Jules AF said...

Looks like it was a great memorial to her.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I beleive she knew ..and I know she was smiling. Blessings to you and your family..