Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Florida Bound

Tomorrow I leave for my Fam trip to Florida. For someone who now works in the travel industry, and who travels a lot with Hubby, I haven't really been very far. I live in Southern New Hampshire. I've been as far north as Montreal and I've been as far west as Cincinnati. Both of these were driving trips. I've driven as far south as Washington, DC. The only airplane flight I've taken is to Myrtle Beach, and I was 42 years old when I took it. This will be my first time to Florida. The last plane trip I took was after 9/11, but I still don't remember all the rules and regulations for packing my suitcase, and checking through security. I've had to ask the ladies at work what's okay for me to pack, what can go in my carry-on and what has to be in my checked bag. It's a little embarrassing. Also, I bought a large suitcase, and I've already gotten comments from a couple of people about how big it is, considering I'm only going for four days. I think they may be right. I guess I'll find out when I start packing later on. All these details aside, I'm wildly excited about going. It's going to be a "working" trip. We'll be touring four different Marriott hotel sites, as well as Seaworld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica. But there are plans for a Luau (wow..had to look that one up....how do you find out how to spell something when you don't know how to spell it?), a Serengeti Tour, and some free time at each park. I intend to suck up every drop of fun while I'm "working".

2 comments:

Joan J said...

Can't wait to hear about your trip! Have a great time and enjoy every minute.

Debbie said...

I'm excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about it.