Sunday, July 18, 2010

Still so Hot

Yep...another heat wave for New England. It's so hard to believe last summer was cold and rainy. We've had nothing but heat this summer. Today we ended out going to Winnekinni Castle in Haverhill, MA to see the "Eve Rising Music Festival." It was the first year of what they're hoping will be an annual thing. All the musicians were women, and there was some serious talent there. They also had all kinds of booths with food, raffles, crafts, etc. It was very nice, and I think if they do it again next year it could get even bigger. ******************* The good news is....I think our car will finally get its inspection sticker. We have a rejection sticker on there now - we had to have $500 worth of work done to make the "check engine" light go out, and then had to drive it for 100 miles to make sure the light wouldn't go back on. We surpassed the 100 miles today and the light is off, so I'll swing by the garage in the morning and ask them to slap a sticker on that puppy. ******************* My uncle is here from Arizona, and he and my Dad are trying to find something to do tomorrow. They were originally planning on going to Boston, but it's going to be much too hot. I think they want something indoors, air-conditioned, and little walking. Any ideas? ******************* I'm almost afraid to go to work tomorrow. My mistakes at work last week caught up to me and I got written up on Friday for "carelessness". The mistakes I made cost the company some money. Now I'm going to be a complete wreck every time I have to do a money product. The good thing is......I'm not the kind of person that keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. I think I've developed some strategies to keep myself from making those same mistakes again. I'm sure, however, that I will figure out how to make some new mistakes.

2 comments:

Me (aka Danielle) said...

That is good news..about the car!

I wish I had some good ideas for your Uncle and Dad. Alas, I wouldn't know where to start (considering I don't know the area).

Sorry about being written up. I'm impressed with your ability to look at it and build strategies to prevent them from happening again! Way to Be!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

You know what - you're human and humans make mistakes and GOOD humans learn from them :-)
The music fair sounds great - and ypu need to rest- recoup and refresh - so this week at work will be GREAT!