Saturday, March 21, 2009

Eat 'Til You Explode

Yesterday was just an eating-fest. Eat EAT E.A.T.!! That's all I did all day. The day started out normally enough with a nice bowl of oatmeal. Good girl. Then I went out to eat with my Mom and three of my cousins. We had a wonderful time and sat in Bertucci's for three hours gabbing. We had lots of free salad and shared some pizzas. Goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. mmmmmmmm....... Still not too bad, right? So Hubby is going to be displaying his art work at a restaurant called Dynamite Sushi in Nashua, which is where my daughter lives. He wanted to go there and look at the size of the space. As long as we were there, we figured we'd try out the food. Reasonable, right? I called up Jamie to see if she wanted to join us. She's coughing up a lung, but sure....why not. As we're driving to Jamie's house, I tell Hubby I'm not going to eat much at Dynamite Sushi. I had a big lunch. Hubby says he had a big lunch too. His company does "Free Food Friday" every other week and he had lots of free sandwiches. When Jamie got into the car, she said she wasn't going to have much either because she didn't feel great. We got to Dynamite Sushi and it was in a strip-mall. Jamie and I just looked at each other and Jamie said, "I don't have any great expectations for this place." Neither did I. Thankfully we were wrong. The place was great. Much nicer inside than you would think by looking at the outside. And the food was yummy. The group of people who had all declared we wouldn't eat much ordered the following: Ginger Tea (Jamie....good for her cold) Dumpling Soup (Jamie again....also good for her cold) Avacado and Cucumber Sushi (Me.....and it was delicious) Alaskan Sushi - Hubby Kimchee Salad - Hubby Some other kind of Soup - Hubby Now that doesn't sound too bad does it? Except for the orders of Crab Rangoon and Spring Rolls that we got to share. And we ate Every Single Thing. As if all this weren't bad enough....... We went and did some shopping and then just HAD to go to Dairy Queen and get some ice cream since that is the tradition when we go visit Jamie. And we all got Sundaes and/or Blizzards. Wow. And tonight we go to my brother John's house. He is an excellent cook and we'll probably eat our brains out again. And tomorrow is a musical jam/potluck dinner. I hope Hubby doesn't mind wheeling me to work in a wheelbarrow on Monday.

5 comments:

Kaye said...

Arrghhh, I miss Bertucci's so much! There used to be one in our little town and it was a monthly must. Why they can't expand to Podunk, FL is beyond me. They have the best pizza dough and bread ever!! I hope you thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

HAHA!!!! I seem to behaving a problem with food like that lately too. I start off with oatmeal in the morning and it just goes downhill from there. Don't ask about the cupcakes.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

that's "be having", not "behaving". Stupid fingers.

Angie Ledbetter said...

My kinda eatin'! :)

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I can so relate! Friday night Snowball Shrimp at SamPan (and no, I didn't save ANY!) then Saturday with son Jeff & his wife Rachael, Chef's Salad...uh...and CHEEEEESY-Garlic bread to knock your socks off! Dinner was a plate of cauliflower - which I love and 3 Beano's hahahaha!

Hey, food is to enjoy, right? and I DO so enjoy it!

Never has sushi - wonder if I'd like it..the avocado thingy sounded good...