Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow, #$%, Snow

Yes, yes.....New England is bracing for another storm. A snow/ice/sleet storm. I'm hearing anything from 6-14 inches. I think at this point most of us would rather have the snow than the ice/sleet. Too many people lost power for too long last month to even want to imagine it happening again. Although.....I would think most people have generators now. I've been fighting with my condo association for the past week because they did such a horrible job plowing after the last storm. 10 days ago. Yes, I've been arguing with them for 10 days. I'm one of those weird people that likes to have my parking space cleared out. A person who does not want to do a three-point turn getting out of my space, because the snowbanks were not pushed back far enough and I can't pull far enough in and the person on the other side of the parking lot also cannot pull in, forcing me to do an unattractive and frustrating three point turn to get out of my space. I'm funny like that.
After calling/emailing for three days I finally threatened the management company representative with reporting him to the condo association (in essence, his bosses) and lo and behold he called me back in 15 minutes! And said he'd vaguely heard that the plowing guy was sick...or in the hospital....or something. He wasn't really sure. Isn't that your job to find out????
He did finally find out that the guy was sick and was supposed to send a substitute out on Friday. The snowstorm had occurred the previous Monday. And of course, no guy came on Friday or over the weekend. Now it's Tuesday and we have a storm coming tomorrow. If this snowstorm doesn't get taken care of expedientially (?) then I will be kicking some serious @#$!
Update on the salad bar debacle:
I did not hear again from Shaw's but I stopped in yesterday and they had a few more things. Not as much as usual.....but do-able. Should I continue to harrass/encourage them to put the salad bar back to its previous glorious selections?
My new kitty-cat has been having a serious barfing problem. About 5 times in the month we've had him. I've tried dry food, wet food, small amounts of food at a time. I even close my bathroom door now so he can't go in and lick up all the soapy water from the tub. Any ideas on what could be wrong or how I can fix it without going to the vet?

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I don't have any great answers for you on the cat front.
And I hope you don't get any ice. What a terrible mess that is.